Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I'm Back

- this is the fall break vacation week for the school kids and Gulia is with Olya and Pastor Sasha. I'm trying to spend time with her and with Kristina, my other friend from an orphanage.
- Galina wanted to come to church with me but got sick. Pray God will protect her from everything that would prevent her, and that she will come and plug in and grow.
- I'm trying to go to Moscow to visit friends my last weekend - pray God provides the right travel companion.

Big Change: Katya M, a girl from Lucy's home on her second year of the program, has been sent to live with our home to help with the more difficult Katya B I've been living with and any new girls that move in. Pray for our relationship. It's a huge help to have her around, but I need to get a vision for helping her too.

Pray for my relationship with Katya B
. She's at camp for the break, a "Encounter with God" trip that we're hoping really benefits her. I'm getting busier and busier as my time remaining here gets smaller and smaller, and I've seen her very little. The more I avoid her, the easier it is to want to keep avoiding her. Things may be better (see poem) but I haven't had enough time with her to even see. Pray God will give me love for her and the right way to express it, and the bravery to not just hang out with people who do not hurt me.

Pray for a large group of kids from another dormitory that are now hanging out with us.

On Saturday I perform a worship dance for an assembly of the family homes, orphans and graduates, and many unbelievers. Pray for these popular gatherings every Saturday, and praise for the many kids who want to come to us. Last week Lucy shared her testimony.

Pray for a third Katya, a young single mom living with an abusive brother. She doesn't want to stop smoking to live in our program, and we'd have to find space for the little girl too. But she is attending church and really connected with Pam, and we had her for a night when her brother was drunk and really enjoyed her. I asked prayer for this girl my first week and didn't think I'd ever meet her.

Another big change: Another American college student, Max, is now living at the boys' home.

Olya, the girl who disappeared and I was so upset about her, returned, read my letter, said hello, and has disappeared again. I now have a cell phone number that so far hasn't worked. Pray for her and a possible phone call and maybe meeting!

No comments: