Tuesday, November 13, 2007

praise about Katya

On the vacation Vera and I discussed my doing something with Katya and we went to the aquarium together and then bought food and went to a movie. She asked me, "why are you doing this with me? I am bad." I was floored. I've been trying to do good for her for so long and not finding anything I could do, and I had given up hope, and tried to just avoid her, and then tried again because avoiding her wasn't serving Vera, and this was so much grace. Maybe if it had happened like in a moralizing story book where K is mean and E responds with kindness and K melts I'd feel like, aren't I amazingly Christlike? But this was just my inability and Katya's inability and grace. Which is what it still is, every day. Thank you for praying, I know that's part of this.

Then Vera assigned her to write her life story, and she read it to me. I didn't expect her to, but she finally shared with me. She made me stare at a jar of peanut butter the whole time she read it cuz she said she couldn't read it if I looked at her - it was so funny.

Nothing is hopeless. Praise God that He is alive and doing things!

No comments: