Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Week

Monday – used the internet at MIR, went over for dinner to Chuck and Alicia, Wycliffe Trainees who studied Russian with me in the states last year.

Tuesday – figured out how to bake muffins here, went to a potluck dinner with British and Canadian workers (I’ve never been the only American in a group of English speakers before!)

Wednesday – went to an orphanage with Liz H. to see how she teaches English there

Thursday – I’m writing this now, then I’m going back to the dorm with Lucia and to buy Tanya a birthday gift.

Friday – I plan to meet with Galina, the orphanage worker who I met in America this summer, and her daughter Katya. Then we’re throwing a big 18th birthday for Tanya at our house.

Saturday – I hope to either go back to visit Gulia or to see the Harbor, a similar ministry that works with orphanage graduates.

No comments: