Monday, September 10, 2007

Prayer Requests

- for Olya, wherever she is, to be protected and, if it's God's will, come back into my life
- for Kristina, 14-year-old from the orphanage Katya came from, that I met at a bowling event and whom Katya is helping me invite over to visit "to tell her about Jesus."
- for my relationship with Katya. This is the hardest thing so far, by far. She is critical and impatient with my language abilities and it's often hard to want to be around her. More than anything I want to not be afraid of her. At other times she is in a good mood, or even a spirutually open mood. I don't know how much to endure and how much to confront when she hurts me, especially when I don't know the words I need, but I feel guilty for letting her walk all over me.
- for Tanya, who wants to come live with us, is the sweetest little thing and very lonely at the dormitory. She turns 18 on Sept 20 and then she's free to choose where she lives. Pray she'll come and that her relationships with us all will be good. She accepted Christ at an event but has had little or no follow up since then.
-for a third girl of God's choosing
- for the possibility of teaching English at the dormitory
-for improving in Russian daily
- for three-year-old Vasilitisa, who was at a shelter-hospital and cried for her mother. I held her and didn't know what to say. I don't know her story; the kids are sent from there either back home or to an orphanage, but we can follow her with prayer.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Elizabeth! Excellent blog. Mine is lizinstpete.blogspot.com. I will be praying for Katya. I think I'm familiar with her, and it was tough even getting her to smile!