Monday, September 24, 2007

Prayer Requests

- I'm taking my first exam this Friday. This is for my Old Testament survey course online from school at home. After this I have an exam every two weeks. Pray I can study without feeling like I should be spending time with people, and spend time with people without stressing about the studying... you know.

- I believe I will teach this English class. It is at the seminary, four adults, three men and two women, who have not yet learned anything in English. So I'll be starting with the alphabet and "my name is." But I am really creeped out that I am 19 years old and teaching graduate school... and I have to buy some appropriate clothes... Pray I can really bless and help these servants of God by teaching them some English, and that He'll help me with everything.

- Several times now orphans have asked me to lie for them or at least keep silence while they lie. I took Kristina back after dinner at our house and she wanted me to go in with her so the counselor wouldn't yell about our being late, so I did, and she said, "Let's say we went walking over the bridge and ate at a cafe, because I didn't get a release form to go to your home." I said, "I will not say something untrue, so let's hope she will not ask." She said, "She'll ask - we're late." I went up the stairs praying, because what could I do if Kristina said we went to a cafe and the counselor turned and asked me "Is this true?" and I had to say "No"? PRAISE the Lord the counselor did NOT ask anything or mention that we were late! But pray for these sticky situations!

No comments: