Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pray for Marina and Tanya!

Sorry this keeps changing. As of now, Marina is living in the dorm. She says she can’t come back to see Lucy this weekend because she is going to the camp with Tanya, the girl I said was a leader-type in the dorm. Tanya goes to the camp to sleep with boys and wants to set Marina up with one. Marina wants to come back and live with Lucy but she is afraid because Tanya hits her. Even if she moves out of the dorm completely, she still sees Tanya every day in sewing school.

This is so sick. Lucy says she needs to build a good relationship with Tanya. She gave her a big hug and invited her over. I asked her, “Are you faking it to help Marina, or do you really feel love for Tanya even when you know that she hits Marina?” Lucy said, “I feel great grief for her. If she doesn’t meet Jesus, she is going to hell because she did not ‘have respect to the orphan.’ That’s what I think of when I see her.” This perspective enables her to have such love! I never thought of believing in hell as liberating love, but it does.

Please pray about this weekend. Pray this down.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Elizabeth.\
Bless you.
MJ